YARRR! Blackened Tilapia
1/4tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2tsp Onion Powder
1tsp Garlic Powder
1/2tsp Chili Powder
1tsp Black Pepper
1tsp Sea Salt
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
1M Tilapia Filet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry seasoning in small side bowl.
3. Wet both sides of the filet slightly and season both sides lightly.
4. Grease 1 quart casserole with cooking spray or a tablespoon or less of olive oil.
5. Place filet in casserole and sprinkle remaining seasoning over the filet.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish is flaky.
I enjoy the classics, but I prefer more kick. Here are a couple classics from my personal bar…
For HER >>> THE BRONX
1oz Orange Juice (medium pulp)
1/2oz Sweet Vermouth
1/2oz Dry Vermouth
1. Chill medium martini glass.
2. Shake Gin & Orange Juice over ice.
3. Swish empty martini glass with both Vermouth then spill.
4. Poor chilled beverage into glass; garnish with twist of orange.
For HIM >>> GIN GIMLET
1/2oz Roses Lime
1/2oz Squeezed Lime
1/4tsp Powered Sugar
1. Shake Gin, Roses lime, Squeezed lime and sugar over ice.
2. Poor over lowball glass heaped with ice.
3. Garnish with lime slices.
Paleo Banana Bread
3/4C COCONUT FLOUR
1/4C ARROWROOT FLOUR
1/2C ALMOND FLOUR
2tsp BAKING SODA
1/4tsp SEA SALT
1/2C CHOPPED WALNUTS
2 RIPE PLANTAINS
1/2C COCONUT MILK
1/2C UNSWEETENED APPLESAUCE
1tsp PURE VANILLA
1/4tsp ALMOND EXTRACT
2tbsp UNSWEETENED SHREDDED COCONUT
2-3tbsp FINELY CHOPPED COCONUT
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, cinnamon and salt. Coat walnuts and raisins and set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients and mix till smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix with spatula until combined.
5. Pour into greased loaf pan. Add toppings and bake for 70-75 minutes.
6. Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes and transfer to refrigerator. Keeps 1 week.
Teak Advice to FANS!: Try something new! New food menu, new cocktail menu, new craft beers coming very soon! Keep it fresh, keep it simple!
9 oz. your favorite noodles!
4 tablespoons butter
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
2½ cups milk
3 cups grated medium cheddar cheese*
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
1. Boil pasta to desired temperature. Strain.
2. Melt butter in medium pot over mid head.
3. Add flour, salt, mustard, 1/8 tsp paprika. Stir constantly for 3 minutes.
4. Add milk stir over mid heat till sauce thickens, (10 min).
5. Remove from heat and add 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup Swiss cheese. Stir till melted.
6. Add half the noodles & half the cheese sauce to 2 quart casserole dish. Toss to cover noodles.
7. Sprinkle with cheddar. Combine the rest of the noodles & cheese sauce.
8. Sprinkle top with cheddar, peprika and seasoned bread crumbs.
9. Bake 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until top is browned.