Sunday Suppers | Zucchini Spaghetti Bake
by jen sweet [Travels in Cooking]
Zucchini Spaghetti Bake
Get the Recipe –>
½ cup chopped onions
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 zucchini, sliced
2 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
Sprinkle of basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray Pam in 9×9 or 13×9 pan.
2. Sauté onions, garlic, salt, pepper and zucchini until soft and/or browned.
3. Put noodles in pan, add spaghetti sauce and top with zucchini mixture.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle cheeses onto and bake for 3 more minutes.
5. Finish by sprinkling a little bit of basil to add a beautiful touch!
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations
This can be a great after work dinner if you have some already prepared spaghetti sauce, or simply a can of Prego already made in the cupboard. I also love to use leftover noodles and spaghetti sauce so all I have to do is pop it in the oven and BAM dinner is done; all while enjoy a glass of red wine and Cosmo.
Healthier version of this recipe
Leave out the cheese on this recipe replace white spaghetti noodles with a box of wheat noodles. Since I am on the healthier bandwagon these days, I simply omit the cheese on my plate and add cheese to my boyfriend’s plate so that I can save on unneeded calories.
Jen is a home chef and writer of the recipe blog Travels in Cooking. Catch her Sunday Suppers dinner ideas every week right here at Eat.Drink.Repeat.