Sunday Suppers | Spinach-Artichoke & Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 package square wonton wrappers (24-30 wrappers)
- 1 package, 8 ounces, softened neufchatel cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 4 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ small onion, chopped (use green or white)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1 clove of minced garlie (or 2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- Parmesan cheese
This recipe is by far my most requested dish to cook, as it is both beautiful and tasteful;. You can serve this surprisingly simple recipe as an impressive appetizer or show your significant other how much you love them by serving this as your main dish with a side of rice. Your friends will ask you for the recipe and your boyfriend (or significant other) will ask for a kiss.
- Wonton wrappers can be found next the tofu in the produce section of your grocery store.
- If you don’t want use fresh spinach you can use frozen spinach, once you thaw and strain it.
- You can fold in the wrappers (wet your fingers slightly), you can leave the wrappers spread out, or you can shape the wrappers in different angles.
Jen is a home chef and writer of the recipe blog Travels in Cooking. Catch her Sunday Suppers dinner ideas every week right here at Eat.Drink.Repeat.