by jen sweet [Travels in Cooking]
Oven baked fancy fish
Read on to get Jen’s full recipe!!!
- 2 fish filets (I typically use tilapia or salmon because it’s the best bang for your buck)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Choice of seasoning:
- Lemon Pepper
- Cilantro and lime/lemon
- Fresh garlic & basil
1. Mix together olive oil and seasoning in small bowl
2. Place fish in a Tupperware container then brush mixture over fish and marinate anywhere from ½ hour to 2 days, but longer is always better when it comes to marinating.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4. Line baking pan with tin foil. Spray pam on tin foil and place fish on top of tin foil.
5. Bake fish for 7-15 depending on big the fillets are, but it’s usually about 12 minutes for me most of the time.
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations:
This fish recipe is a great prep the night before, and have fish in a matter of minutes after work/school. This dish is also very healthy as well and is a staple in my weekly diet. I love to serve this with fresh baked potatoes or brown rice, and a vegetable (zucchini and broccoli are my favorites!). This easy dinner recipe also looks very presentable as well, especially if you sprinkle a bit of garnish (hint hint-if you used cilantro in your marinate sprinkle a touch on top when done cooking to impress!!)
Jen is a home chef and writer of the recipe blog Travels in Cooking. Catch her Sunday Suppers dinner ideas every week right here at Eat.Drink.Repeat.