SS | Sautéed BBQ Water Chestnuts
by jen sweet [Travels in Cooking]
Sautéed BBQ Water chestnuts (5 servings)
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ½ cup of your favorite sweet barbeque sauce
1. Chop onion and place in warm pan
2. Add garlic, water chestnuts, salt and pepper
3. Sauté ingredients until lightly browned
4. Add barbeque sauce and heat until all ingredients are warm/hot pan
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations:
This side dish is a fast perfect side dish to any meal, especially with chicken and fish. You could also serve this as an appetizer and put a toothpick in each water chestnut.
Jen is a home chef and writer of the recipe blog Travels in Cooking. Catch her Sunday Suppers dinner ideas every week right here at Eat.Drink.Repeat.