SS | Easy Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
Easy Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef (you don’t have to pre-brown it!)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4-6 peppers (I used green because they are cheap, but you can use any color!)
- 1 can diced tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
1. Combine the ground beef, egg, rice, and seasonings in a bowl (add extra seasonings as you wish, ie-paprika)
2. Cut the top of the peppers off and clean out the inside (don’t cut too close to the stem so that you don’t have a whole in the top, which I just so happened to do this time haha)
3. Put the ground beef mixture in the peppers one at a time and add carefully to your greased Crockpot.
4. Add water and tomatoes/tomato sauce, making sure to drizzle some on top of the peppers
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, then put on warm until you are finished serving.
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations
What a lovely busy chica supper this was! I always love the spell after arriving home from a busy day to a house smelled with already made supper. Much to my surprise this recipe turned out to be my boyfriend Jay’s favorite recipe to date (and that’s a year and a half in the making!) Mixing the ingredients took just 10 minutes in the morning and was perfect when I got home. Who knew Wednesdays could be so good! These peppers were not only tasteful, simple and satisfying, but were not greasy or overwhelming in the least. I think that almost anyone in their right mind would like this recipe.
I used a wild rice/brown rice combo that I made in the rice cooker the night before which made it much easier while making it in the morning. You can also add cheese at the end for presentation and taste, however I opted out (ulike my bf Jay) since I’m counting calories.
Nutrition Facts (5 peppers/5 servings)
- 306 calories
- 6.7g Total Fat
- 28.1g Protein