SS | Jen’s Crock Pot Tacos
by jen sweet [Travels in Cooking]
These crock tacos are easy, fast and quite amazing!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 1 green pepper, cut up
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 2 packets of low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- Add all ingredients listed above in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours, or on high for 2-4 hours.
- Add your favorite toppings (see my recommendations below) and put in a low-calorie wrap or shell!
This is one of my favorite recipes for a hard-working busy girl like myself. I combine all the ingredients above in the morning, then I get to come home to a wonderful smelling house and join my amazing boyfriend for a fast supper. This recipe is also very healthy as well! Here are a list of some healthy add-on’s to this wonderful dish. If you aren’t feel up to a healthy supper, or you are like me who has a boyfriend who has the highest metabolism of all time, you can simply add the non-healthier toppings such as sour cream, cheese.
Jen’s Recommended Healthy Toppings:
- Wrap your taco mixture above in a low-calorie wrap (for example: La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas only have 50 calories and has 7 grams of fiber!)
Jen is a home chef and writer of the recipe blog Travels in Cooking. Catch her Sunday Suppers dinner ideas every week right here at Eat.Drink.Repeat.