SS | Greek Yogurt
by jen sweet [Travels in Cooking]
I’ve never liked milk, and I’ve never liked yogurt. Greek yogurt is the dairy exception to my very strong dislike of the milk and yogurt taste and I have been very pleased to add it to my diet. I recently went to a Herbalife health consultation and one of the many recommendations was to incorporate healthier and high protein snacks into your diet. I will divulge into more specifics on some other great healthy ideas, however I thought this would be a great way to start. I really love the taste of Greek yogurt and it’s amazing how much this stuff keeps you full too!
Why eat Greek Yogurt?
- Greek yogurt has only 110-120 calories and has about 12-14 grams of protein!!
- Regular yogurt can be anywhere from about 110-250 calories and only has about 3-7 grams of protein.
- It has a very creamy texture!
- It’s an easy snack!
- You will stay fuller longer because it has almost double the protein as regular yogurt!
- Lower sugar!
- Promotes intestinal and “womanly” health
- In a recent study in the International Journal of Obesity, researchers found that obese adults who ate three servings of fat-free yogurt a day as part of a reduced-calorie diet lost 22% more weight and 61% more body fat than those who just cut calories. (Source: health.com)
- The Greek’s have been eating it for thousands of years!
Here are some great resources if you want to learn more about why Greek yogurt is so healthy for you!